HealthQuest of Hunterdon is a Premier Fitness Establishment proud to be rated in the Top 100 Clubs in America many years in a row. When a group of hard-working, like-minded people focuses its efforts on a project, not only does it produce remarkable work, but a strong bond is created. We surround ourselves with kind, humble and good-natured people and as result have sustainable relationships and an extraordinary work environment.
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
We are focused on finding quality group fitness professionals that are looking to advance in the fitness industry.
Please Contact: Linda Romaine – Group Fitness Manager – email@example.com
AQUATICS DEPARTMENT Swim Instructor
Job Categories: Aquatics/Swim Club
Position Type: Part Time
Hours: 10-30 Hours per week
Direct Report: Aquatics Director
Swim Instructors at HealthQuest are responsible for the instruction of swimming technique, skill, and water safety. Swim instructors are expected to serve as good role models for our members by always abiding by club policies and procedures and acting respectfully to our members, guests and employees alike.
- Teach swimming skills and water safety to children. They will demonstrate skills to their class, break down and present swimming skills in a logical sequence, and organize class to practice skills.
- Instruct class in the swimming pool and interact with every child in the class during each lesson.
- Maintain a safe class atmosphere and keep constant watch over participants.
- Meet his or her scheduled swim lesson students in the HealthQuest wet lounge.
- Convey an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Evaluate participant’s swimming skills to ensure placement in appropriate swim level.
- Maintain attendance records for each student and keep notes when necessary.
- Return instructor binders to the appropriate location upon completion of lessons.
- Complete time sheets accurately every work shift.
- Convey a professional attitude while working at and pertaining to issues relating to HealthQuest.
- Work all scheduled shifts. Report to work on time, be dressed in swimsuit and have instructor binder – ready to meet and teach class.
- Need few substitutes; follow established procedure for notifying supervisor when late or unable to teach; secure approved substitute as needed.
- Attend all aquatic meetings, and trainings as required.
- Wear proper attire (swimsuit) while instructing.
- Understand, follow, and enforce pool rules and policies.
- Follow established procedures for handling injuries and emergency situations.
HealthQuest Team Culture:
- We believe in an empowering, passionate, and fun filled team environment. We believe in hard work, and dedication coupled with a team effort to get the job done!
- Attend all team meetings, all staff meetings and certification/training
- Understand and adhere to all policies and guidelines for HQ. Promote and participate in club-wide special events and activities.
- American Red Cross CPR/AED
- Age 16 or older
· American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/Water Safety Instructor preferred
We are focused on finding quality professional trainers that are looking to advance in the fitness industry. Candidates must be willing to stay up-to-date on the latest research and advanced training techniques and who will drive excellence to ensure we help each client attain and maintain a healthier lifestyle.
– Responsible for designing innovative cutting edge personalized fitness programs
– Conduct fitness consultations and assessments
– Ensure safe and effective use of equipment
– Maintain consistent client base
– Hands on supervision philosophy
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills
– Current nationally accredited Personal Training Certificate and/or a fitness related degree
– Current CPR/AED certification
– High School diploma or GED required
– Associates/Bachelors degree in related field a plus
– Knowledge of the personal training software programs a plus
Please Contact: Chelsea Salisbury – Fitness Director – (908) 782-4009 ext. 222
- USAG Level 1 & 2 Recreational classes – able to work evenings and Saturdays
- USAG Competitive Team Coaches – able to work evenings and Saturdays
- Must be a USAG Professional Member
- Must be able to Coach Developmental and Preteam, as well as, Level 3-6
- Must be able to work independently and with a team of coaches
Applicants must be upbeat and work well with children. Please contact: Maryann Barraco (908)-782-4009 x228
Download (PDF, 35KB)
For HealthQuest employment opportunities, applications should be mailed or emailed to:
Human Resources – HealthQuest 310 Highway 31 North ~ Flemington, NJ 08822