The following are HealthQuest’s Policies for the entire campus to ensure the maximum enjoyment and usage of HealthQuest by its members and to establish basis for conduct of persons utilizing the offerings of HealthQuest.
Member Check-In Procedures
- All members must present their membership card at the front desk upon entering the Club.
- Unauthorized usage of a HealthQuest membership card by a person other than the HealthQuest member whom the card is issued may result in termination of membership and/or removal from the HealthQuest Campus.
- Non-Member Check-In: All non-members coming to HealthQuest for leagues, clinics and swim lessons must register at the Front Desk before entering the Club.
General Rules – Personal Conduct
- All persons on the HealthQuest Campus must conduct and present themselves in such a manner as to preserve the comfort, health, safety and welfare of others. Fighting, spitting or horseplay will not be tolerated.
- Professional “Sportswear” attire must be worn during all exercise activity.
- Proper etiquette, language and courtesy should be observed at all times. This includes proper conduct and relinquishing of the courts/studios on schedule or in need by Club management. Violators (members/guests) may be asked to vacate the premises without a refund.
- HealthQuest prohibits the usage of tobacco products and alcohol on Campus. Guns, firearms and weapons of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Members must maintain a professional “member-employee relationship”.
- Proper footwear must be worn on designated surfaces. Toe-less shoes or flip flops are prohibited in the Fitness Center (weight room/cardio). Use of skateboards, scooters and roller blades is prohibited within the facility. Hardball playing of all types is prohibited within the facility.
- Cell Phone conversations are strictly prohibited in the following areas: Locker Rooms, Fitness Areas, Group Exercise Studios, and Indoor Pool Area, as well as in all class settings.
- Unauthorized solicitation and/or distribution of any kind is prohibited.
- Theft or damage of Club properties, including towels may result in dismissal from membership as well as responsibility for relinquishing damaged property.
- Membership does not confer or include interest of ownership in facilities or assets of HealthQuest. Membership grants zero rights to govern or control the affairs of HealthQuest. Sale or transfer of HealthQuest membership is strictly prohibited by a member or outside entity
- All usage of HealthQuest is considered at your own risk.
Club Usage Age Guidelines
(*Member Parents are responsible for “guest children”)
Members must abide by the following usage guidelines regarding age restrictions.
- Children up to the age 13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times except when checked into Kidz Nite Out, “Happy Day Camp” or attending a Birthday Party with parental supervision. Unless “checked in” to one of these programs, parents are prohibited from leaving the HealthQuest building confines and their child unattended.
- Children are to be checked into KidQuest between the ages of 6 weeks and 6 years old, and checked into the Sport Center from ages 7 and older. Children up to age 13 must use the Family Locker Room.
- Children ages 8-13 may use the pool without a parent or guardian only if they pass a swim test with a HealthQuest Lifeguard.
- Children aged 12 & under are not permitted in Adult Locker Rooms, Fitness Areas or the Track unless accompanied by a HealthQuest Trainer.
Guest Fees and Procedures
“Guest” is defined as a single day user of the HealthQuest Campus, unless provided a multiple day pass via Membership Services. In order to provide security and convenience to members, the following guest policies have been established:
- Guest may attend HealthQuest a maximum of three visits in a one month period and must be accompanied by a member.
- Guest may purchase guest passes at the front desk. Please refer to the current pricing sheet for appropriate guest fees. No other discounts will apply. Guest passes are valid through the expiration of the specific date of use.
- Private instruction at HealthQuest may be provided strictly by HealthQuest authorized personnel.
- Members are responsible for damage incurred by dependent children or guest.
- Any person removed or banned from the HealthQuest Campus or whose privileges have been refused or revoked may appeal such action.
- HealthQuest will offer clinics, lectures, demonstrations and other activities for our members and respectfully reserves the right to designate space in specific areas of the building for these purposes with advance notice for our members’ awareness.
Amendment of and Additional Policies and Rules
- The Policies and Rules contained herein may not contain all rules applicable to the use of HealthQuest. Other rules, regulations and policies may be posted for specific areas or departments of the facility and may be made available by the respective department manager.
- These Policies and Rules are subject to change without notice and are subject to interpretation by HealthQuest Management. Please inquire with Membership Services to verify the most current information regarding HealthQuest rules, regulations and policies.